Manage Multiple Mindjet® MindManager® Maps
MultiMaps for MindManager is a new add-in that helps you to collect, navigate, track, source and synchronize Map Topics and information when working with multiple Maps or multiple collections of Maps.
This new solution for improving the way you work with your MindManager Maps consists of 4 modules, each of which provides a specific set of features aimed at improving the way you can find, access and present information from your Maps. The modules are presented as Groups on the MultiMaps ribbon menu as shown below.
Watch the video of MutiMaps in action!
The Data Collection module enables you to create dynamic Map dashboards which can be generated either on the fly or from a predefined template configured to collect Map content based on specific criteria. Data can be collected from the current Map (and its linked Maps), a specified Map (and its linked Maps) or from a collection of Maps stored in a folder or from the MindManager My Maps collections.
The Map Navigator module provides two pieces of functionality to help you find and navigate to Map Topics and is particularly useful when working with large Maps.
The Synchronization module allows you to synchronize Topics (and their Sub-Topics, i.e., their branches) in the same Map or in different Maps. You can even synchronize Topics in Maps that are stored on different devices or in Cloud storage. This is an extremely useful feature for collaboration and remote work. Synchronization works both in automatic and manual mode and can be setup either one-way or bi-directional.
In MindManager, Resources and Tags can reside in the Map itself and in the Template Organizer – Marker Lists. This it is not very manageable if you have many Resources and Tags, and they cannot be organized/sorted at all. Using the Project Tools module, you can organize your Resources by any criteria, such as Resources for Project 1, Project 2 etc., Resources for Company 1, Company 2 etc. Similarly you can do the same for Tags – organize them into groups suitable for you. You can also manage MindManager Macros.
Changes in the MultiMaps 5.0
MultiMaps is leveled up to a new software platform (framework 4.5) and to a more modern programming language C# 6.0. This made it possible to significantly optimize and speed up its work, as well as to create a strong basis for its future extentions.
MultiMaps is adapted to a high resolution screens (2560×1440 and higher). Now all dialog windows look nice on any monitor.
MultiMaps structure is changed (system folders, databases, registry, etc.)
1. If there are quotes in the Central Topic text, MultiMaps stops collecting data. Fixed.
2. On Macs, data collection templates are sometimes “lost”. Fixed. Data collection on Macs runs correctly.
3. When deleting bookmarks in the “All Bookmarks” window, they are deleted from database, but not from maps where they are located. Fixed.
4. Sometimes for some reason a path to bookmark is lost (= bookmark lost). The reason found, bug fixed.
Changes & improvements:
1. Macros. Now, when you add macros, they are copied to their folder, which allows to share them between different computers with MultiMaps.
2. My Sources. Now, when you add source, you are prompted to copy it into their folder, which allows to share sources between different computers with MultiMaps.
3. Synchronization. Now, to synchronize two topics (two branches), it’s sufficient to set synchronization to the one, and then copy it to the right place in the map, or in another map. Synchronization will be set automatically.
- adding a new bookmark now is done in a separate dialog window, which is more convenient and more plain than the previous functionality;
- deleting or importing “unknown” bookmarks made more convenient and more plain. Bookmarks are now much easier to manage.
5. Data Collection. Data collection dialogs have become more dynamic and “facile”.
1. Navigator. Added new functionality My Maps. Hot ticket!
- find and open any map in a few seconds!
- easily identify all your problem maps (different copies of one map, “lost” maps, deleted maps).
- see at a glance all map’s links and attachments. If there are a lot, sort them by their type. Open any link/attachment without going to the topic where it is located. Manage them from one place, rather than walking from topic to topic.
2. Export of settings, databases and folders with MultiMaps templates and resources. Before reinstalling Windows, or when buying new computer, export them and then import them on a new machine. Get an exact copy of all your MultiMaps data. You can find it in MultiMaps Settings.
3. Express bookmarks. Now you can with one click place express bookmarks in a floating window and hold it anywhere on the screen. Your speed on the large maps grows several times!
4. Map Content. Now you can virtually sort all topics of the selected branch or even all topics in the map (arrange them alphabetically in the Map Content window).
5. Data Collection:
- now you can collect topics with specified topic properties;
- Progress and Effort criteria can be stated directly on collection topic;
- now you can add keywords to the config map to collect data by Priority and Progress;
- added new data collection options. Now you can customize data collection even more flexibly.
And last one:
The Tracking module has stopped his work. In MindManager 18 and 19, map topics have become very “smart”. The automatic coloring of map topics by a huge number of criteria has came into an irrepressible conflict with their coloring by Tracking module. To replace this module, a new Task Manager module is being prepared, which will make it very easy and handy to monitor all tasks in the map. The planned release date for this module is mid-November.